- Pearls are formed within the shell of an oyster, mussel, or clam.
- They are the only gemstones to be created by a living creature.
- Ancient folklore believes that the pearl was created when a drop of rain fell from the heavens and became the heart of an oyster. They're also believed to be the teardrops of the moon.
- They are the gemstone of purity and innocence.
- Pearls bring happiness, wisdom, and truth.
- It is the birthstone for June and the zodiac stone of Gemini (May 21 - June 20) and Cancer (June 21 - July 22).